What our speakers say…
“Love it or hate it video calls are here to stay and that means there are a range of new communication skills we need to master to support each other in the virtual world. This smallTOK lets us explore not just what to do but how to do it and why it’s important. There is no magic wand when it comes to effective communication it’s really about getting back to basics and asking the right questions. “
Communication is an intrinsic part of being human, but it’s about a lot more than just the words we say, it’s in the micro expressions, body language, tone of voice we use to express ourselves and the feeling you get when you talk to someone. As COVID hit and we embraced the world of virtual communication we have all become confined to a wee box, meaning many of these communication cues we rely on are harder to pick up on. Staying connected in the virtual world is about breaking out of that box, asking meaningful questions and creating opportunities to build relationships.
- Explore the importance of social connection for our wellbeing
- Be able to identify and mitigate the challenges of staying connected in a Virtual world
- Build knowledge and Understanding of the importance of active listening
- Improved ability to empathise and build rapport
- Provided with a range of tools and approaches to staying connected